Biggest practices, steering, and concepts for virtualizing Microsoft® enterprise essential functions on the VMware vSphere® platform
By virtualizing Microsoft’s enterprise functions on vSphere, you’ll drive down costs whereas migrating in the direction of versatile, low-worth private cloud architectures. This distinctive guidebook bridges the opening between the Microsoft and VMware worlds, bringing collectively the deep info, slicing-edge biggest practices, and smart strategies it is advisable to succeed.
Essential specialists Matt Liebowitz and Alex Fontana present end-to-end protection of virtualizing House home windows Server 2012 AD space controllers and failover clusters, Change Server 2013, SQL Server 2012, and SharePoint Server 2013. They supply indispensable suggestion on sizing, construction, effectivity, availability, monitoring, and metrics.
All by way of, the authors share invaluable concepts, ideas, and insights from their very personal experiences. For each Microsoft software, they provide "proof of concept" sample configurations and clearly make clear how new choices impact virtualization. You’ll moreover uncover authoritative, up-to-date steering on licensing and totally different factors related to creating positive full assist from every Microsoft and VMware.
Safety consists of
• Evaluating the benefits, risks, and challenges of virtualizing Microsoft enterprise essential functions
• Determining strategies for achievement associated to people, processes, and technology
• Reviewing VMware vSphere choices most crucial to virtualizing enterprise-important functions
• Benefiting from new virtualization-acutely aware choices inbuilt to Residence home windows Server 2012 space controllers
• Designing and configuring vSphere Extreme Availability (vSphere HA) clusters to run House home windows enterprise functions
• Reflecting Commerce Server 2013’s new construction to maximise its effectivity in virtualized environments
• Leveraging new SQL Server 2012 choices to simplify the availability of high availability on digital servers
• Reducing SQL Server 2012 licensing costs by way of virtualization
• Planning, designing, and deploying virtualized SharePoint Server 2013 environments