New – Now comes with Amibroker system code for all trading systems in the book, over 60 spreadsheets of historical data and free access to my full video course (RRP$247)
How to Beat Wall Street covers everything you need to get started trading in stocks, forex and commodities. This is the perfect book for someone looking for a solid overview of how to trade, from someone with professional experience in the markets. Plus… 20 trading system ideas are introduced that anyone can use to trade in stocks.
Note from the author:
When I first wrote this book in late 2013, I created 20 trading systems and I put them to the test on historical data between 2000 and 2010. The ideas were very well received and the results are shown in this book for all to see. Since then, however, I have fine-tuned the systems, updated them, and also come up with more than 10 other powerful strategy ideas.
Rather than update this book I decided to package these strategies as part of a much larger video course. By purchasing the eBook on Amazon I am pleased to offer you complimentary, free access to the full course which retails on Udemy at $247 and contains over 12 hours of content.
So, if you want to discover some incredible trading systems and improve your trading and investing performance, buy this book, read it, and then sign up to the video course at no extra cost.
What you will learn:
– Trading fundamentals: central banks, macro-economics, Keynes and interest rates
– Trading philosophies: trend following strategies, mean reversion techniques
– Famous traders: Warren Buffett, Jim Rogers & George Soros
– Timing: financial ratios, volatility analysis, Dow Theory, stock market cycles
– Risk: money management techniques, trading psychology, Kelly criterion
– Secrets & tips: news trading, volume analysis, seasonal patterns
– Technical analysis: MACD, moving averages, Bollinger Bands, pivot points and naked price action
– Trading systems: design & optimisation, 20 stock trading strategies, trend following strategies and mean reversion trading systems
– Resources & bonus material: comprehensive resource material, tips for online trading, best trading books bibliography and bonus section
20 trading systems are back-tested on 10 years of historical data. Including:
Trading System 1: Moving average crossover:
A simple trend following trading system that uses moving averages to find trends in stocks.
Trading System 2: 4 weeks up in a row:
A system based on a profitable pattern of four consecutive higher opens.
Trading System 3: Trading the noise:
A system that finds stocks in smooth trends using a custom formula to calculate market noise.
Trading System 4: Trading gradients:
A mean reversion reversal system that finds extremely oversold companies based on a custom formula.
Plus many more trading strategies and access to other strategy ideas via the free video course.
You will also learn:
– How to trade non-farm payrolls and other news releases.
– Volatility and sentiment analysis, bottom-up valuation techniques and PE ratios.
– How Buffett and Soros approach the markets and you'll find out how to optimise your risk correctly.
Finally, you will also receive the tools you need to build your own winning trading system including Amibroker AFL code for every trading system in the book, free Excel stock value calculator and over 60 spreadsheets of historical economic data.
“I would put this on a top ten list of books for new traders and I have read hundreds and even written a few of those books myself.” – Steve Burns, founder of newtraderu.com and Amazon Vine Voice.
“The reason I am giving 5 stars is the generosity of the author in sharing trading system scripts and historical data. For the price paid its an absolute steal and a no-brainer."
- File Size: 2699 KB
- Print Length: 251 pages
- Publisher: The New Minimalist; 2 edition (December 28, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 28, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00HN83YXC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- X-Ray: Not Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled