The jargon associated to Microsoft Excel's pivot tables ("n-dimensional cross tabulations") makes them look difficult, nevertheless they're truly no more than a easy technique to assemble concise, versatile summaries of long lists of raw values. In case you're working with an entire lot (or tons of of lots of) of rows, then pivot tables are the simplest means to try the similar information in a number of strategies, summarize data on the fly, and spot developments and relationships. This handy info teaches you the best means to make use of Excel's strongest perform to crunch big portions of data, with out having to write down down new formulation, copy and paste cells, or reorganize rows and columns. You probably can download the sample workbook to adjust to along with the author's examples.
– Create pivot tables from worksheet databases.
– Rearrange pivot tables by dragging, swapping, and nesting fields.
– Customise pivot tables with varieties, layouts, totals, and subtotals.
– Combine numbers, dates, events, or textual content material values into custom-made groups.
– Calculate widespread statistics or create custom-made formulation.
– Filter data that you just don't have to see.
– Create frequency tabulations shortly.
– Administration references to pivot desk cells.
– A great deal of concepts, ideas, and timesavers.
– Completely cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Pivot Desk Fundamentals
2. Nesting Fields
three. Grouping Devices
4. Calculations and Custom-made Formulation
5. Filtering Information
6. Ideas with Pivot Tables
In regards to the Author
Tim Hill is a data miner based in Las Vegas, Nevada. When he's not crunching numbers, Tim performs poker, hikes canyons, and avoids malls.