(An updated model of this book can be obtainable: "Excel 2016 for Mac Pivot Tables" by Tim Hill.)
The jargon associated to Microsoft Excel's pivot tables ("n-dimensional cross tabulations") makes them look difficult, nevertheless they're truly no more than a easy choice to assemble concise, versatile summaries of long lists of raw values. In case you're working with plenty of (or tons of of a whole lot) of rows, then pivot tables are one of many easiest methods to try the equivalent information in a number of strategies, summarize data on the fly, and spot developments and relationships. This handy info teaches you the easiest way to make use of Excel's strongest perform to crunch big portions of data, with out having to put in writing down new formulation, copy and paste cells, or reorganize rows and columns. You’ll download the sample workbook to adjust to along with the author's examples.
– Create pivot tables from worksheet databases.
– Rearrange pivot tables by dragging, swapping, and nesting fields.
– Customise pivot tables with varieties, layouts, totals, and subtotals.
– Combine numbers, dates, events, or textual content material values into custom-made groups.
– Calculate widespread statistics or create custom-made formulation.
– Filter data that you just don't have to see.
– Unlink a pivot desk from its provide data.
– Administration references to pivot desk cells.
– A great deal of concepts, ideas, and workarounds.
– Completely cross-referenced, linked, and searchable.
1. Pivot Desk Fundamentals
2. Nesting Fields
three. Grouping Devices
4. Calculations and Custom-made Formulation
5. Filtering Information
6. Ideas with Pivot Tables
In regards to the Author
Tim Hill is a data miner based in Las Vegas, Nevada. When he's not crunching numbers, Tim performs poker, hikes canyons, and avoids malls.