Brick by Brick takes you inside the LEGO you've by no means seen. By following the groups which is perhaps inventing some of the world's biggest-favored toys, it spotlights the company's disciplined technique to harnessing creativity and recounts one of the most distinctive business transformations in present memory.
Brick by Brick reveals how LEGO didn’t keep tempo with the revolutionary modifications in kids' lives and began sliding into irrelevance. When the company's leaders carried out some of the business world's most usually espoused prescriptions for enhancing innovation, they paradoxically pushed the iconic toymaker to the brink of chapter. The company's near-collapse reveals that what works in precept can fail spectacularly in the brutally aggressive worldwide monetary system.
It took a model new LEGO administration group – confronted with the rising rage for digital toys, few limitations to entry, and extraordinarily-demanding buyers (ten-year earlier boys) – to reinvent the innovation rule book and rework LEGO into one of the world's most worthwhile, quickest-rising firms.
Alongside the means, Brick by Brick reveals how LEGO:
– Turned actually customer-pushed by co-creating with kids along with its passionate grownup followers
– Appeared previous merchandise and found to leverage a full-spectrum technique to innovation
– Opened its innovation course of by using every the "information of crowds" and the expertise of elite cliques
– Discovered uncontested, "blue ocean" markets, while it thrived in brutally aggressive purple oceans
– Gave its world-class design groups adequate space to create and path to ship
constructed a practice the place worthwhile innovation thrives
Sometimes radical however all the time related, Brick by Brick abounds with precise-world courses for unleashing breakthrough innovation in your group, similar to LEGO. Whether or not or not you're a senior authorities making an attempt to make your company develop, an entrepreneur setting up a startup from scratch, or a fan who must instill some of that LEGO magic in your career, you'll uncover methods to assemble your private innovation profit, brick by brick.
- File Size: 11958 KB
- Print Length: 330 pages
- Publisher: Crown Business (June 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: June 25, 2013
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AUSCOR4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- X-Ray: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Screen Reader: Supported
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled