AI Game Programming for Beginners
Chapter 01 – Pathfinding
Path discovering is about discovering among the best path to the holiday spot. This chapter focus in Breadth-First, Biggest-First, and A* (A-Star) pathfinding algorithms.
1. Pathfinding algorithms.
* Breadth-First. * Biggest-First. * A* (A-Star).
2. Implementing pathfinding in XNA.
* Creating actual wanting enemy movement sample.
Chapter 02 – Chase, Evade and Wander
Chase and Evade AI conduct could be utilized in circumstances like enemy AI implementations. Wandering AI could be utilized for AI based characters in digital worlds.
1. Chase and evade algorithm.
*One object flip in the direction of one different object (Chase). *One object flip away from one different object (Evade). 2. Wandering AI algorithm.
* Object conduct is simply not effecting to a special object. (Wander)
three. Implementing chase, evade and wander AI in XNA.
* Cat, Mouse and Canine objects behaving for Chase, Evade and Wander.
Chapter 03 – Aiming
Aiming could also be useful to create projectile based enemy AI shooting. Algorithm will decide biggest applicable gun projection.
1. Aiming projectile algorithm.
* One second object function in the direction of one different object for spotlights, weapons and so forth.
2. Implementing Aiming in XNA.
* Aiming for enemy object by means of using a spotlight.
Chapter 04 – Tactical and strategic AI
RTS video video games use waypoint navigation to adjust to orders in shifting fashions. It may be linear conduct for enemy fashions or steering conduct for cars.
1. Linear and steering waypoint algorithm.
* Object following specific path that provided by the buyer.
2. Implementing waypoint algorithm in XNA.
* RTS fashions (every human and car objects) following orders to go on the specify path.
Chapter 05 – Flocking
Flocking AI model may be utilized for collective animal behaviors of birds, fish, bugs and so forth. Separation, Alignment and Cohesion are key properties of flocking AI conduct.
1. Flocking algorithm with separation, Alignment and Cohesion.
* Set of objects formation to create comparable conduct.
2. Implementing flocking in XNA.
* Creating every birds and bugs flocking behaviors sample.